동물권리법과 육류소비 소식 - 2009년 6월 1일  
email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트

멕시코와 미국의 전역과 이제 호주의 모든 주에서 돼지독감으로 진단된 사람의 수가 끊임없이 계속 증가하여 총 확인 사례가 15,500건을 넘어섰습니다. 어울락(베트남)은 최근 최초의 사례가 발견된 나라들 중 하나입니다. 이 돼지독감 발생의 전세계적 영향을 통해 공장식 농장의 상황들이 주목을 받게 되었습니다. 동물권리법의 한 부분이 가축의 감금을 우리의 인간노예제도의 역사와 연결하도록 진화하고 있어서 육류소비의 본질에 또 다른 관점을 제공하고 있습니다.

미국 러트거스대학교 법학 및 철학교수이자 동물권리를 위한 폐지론의 선구자인 게리 프란시오네 교수는 식용으로 동물을 착취하는 것을 폐지하는 것에 대해 수프림 마스터 텔레비전과 담화했습니다.

게리 프란시오네(미국 러트거스대학교 법학 및 철학교수, 비건 채식인, 남성): 저는 여성의 착취, 유색인종의 착취에 관해서 생각하지 않고는 진정으로 동물의 착취하는 논점을 생각할 수 없습니다. 페지론적 접근을 받아들일 때 다음 내용을 이해할 수 있어요. 동물의 노예화를 거부합니다. 사회에서 즉시 모든 것을 없앨 수 없지만 내 생활에선 많이 제거할 수 있지요. 무엇을 먹고 무엇을 입을지를 자신이 결정하니까요. 자신의 생활에 폐지의 원리를 받아들입니다. 잔인한 축산업은 우리가 저지해야 할 부당한 행위의 또다른 형태임을 폭로하신 프란시오네 교수께 진심으로 감사를 전합니다. 이 바이러스로 상실의 고통을 당하는 분들께 위로를 전하며 감염자들의 위안과 안전한 회복을 빕니다. 모든 생명들이 고통에서 자유로워지기를 기원합니다.

리포터: 잔인한 축산업은 우리가 저지해야 할 부당한 행위의 또 다른 형태임을 폭로하신 프란시오네 교수께 진심으로 감사를 전합니다. 이 바이러스로 상실의 고통을 당하는 분들께 위로를 전하며감염자들의 위안과 안전한 회복을 빕니다. 모든 생명들이 고통에서 자유로워지기를 기원합니다.

As the numbers of those diagnosed with swine flu continue to grow relentlessly throughout Mexico, the United States, and in every state now in Australia, the total confirmed cases has surpassed 15,500. Âu Lạc (Vietnam) is among the latest to have found a first new case.

Through the global effect of this swine flu outbreak, the conditions in factory farms have come under attention. A section of animal rights law is evolving that links livestock confinement to our own history of human slavery, providing another view on the reality of meat consumption.

Professor Gary Francione, a Professor of Law and Philosophy at Rutgers University in the US and a pioneer of abolitionist theory of animal rights, spoke with Supreme Master Television about the abolition of animal exploitation for food.

Gary Francione – Professor of Law, Vegan (M): I really can’t think of the issue of animal exploitation, without also thinking about the exploitation of women, the exploitation of people of color.

When you accept the abolitionist approach, what makes sense in that context is to say, “I’m going to reject animal slavery; I can’t get rid of it all immediately from the society, but I can get rid of it pretty much from my life, because I make the decision about what goes in my mouth, what I wear on my body. Veganism is accepting the principle of abolition into your own life.

VOICE: Our sincere appreciation, Professor Francione, for bringing the cruelty of animal agriculture to light as another form of injustice we can choose to stop. We send our sympathies to those who have suffered loss to this virus and we pray for the comfort and safe recovery of the afflicted, as well as the freedom from suffering of all beings.

Reference:
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=669311