GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Hoops for Health: The Kids Venice Basketball League (KVBL) P1/2   
1. del Play with windows media

IGRAJ

Prenesi

( 31 MB )
2. del Play with windows media

IGRAJ

Prenesi

( 35 MB )

Welcome wonderful viewers to Good People, Good Works.
Today we feature  two-part series on the Kids Venice Basketball League (KVBL) which hosts the Natural Leaders Camp, a free nine week summer day camp for children.

Kids Venice Basketball League is a part of the Venice Basketball League, an adult league that plays in the magnificent Venice district of Los Angeles, California USA and features some of the best street basketball players in the world.

Jon Nash and Nick Ansom, who are the founders of the Venice Basketball League, created KVBL for children of all socio-economic backgrounds from the greater Los Angeles area.

The Natural Leaders Camp provides leadership training, teaches healthy lifestyles, and raises the environmental awareness of the children. In addition, participants learn yoga from famous instructors such as Rainbeau Mars, pick up basketball tips from some of the best players in Venice Basketball League,
receive fitness training from renowned vegan body builders, and eat delicious organic raw vegan food.

HOST: The many constructive activities provided at the Natural Leaders Camp are in ways a reflection of the things Mr. Nash wishes he had been exposed to when he was a child.

Jon (m): It was just basically what I would want to do when I was a kid living in Compton (California, USA), living in Watts (California, USA), in the hot sun, not being able to do anything.
So I think I want to come to the beach; I want to play basketball. I would love to have known what yoga was; I didn't know what yoga was. . I would have loved to know what raw food was and organic food was.
And I would have loved to know about how to clean up the environment and how to plant trees.

For more details on the Kids Venice Basketball League, please visit KVBL.org

Sorodna povezava

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Coach Tim Louis and Compton Little League - Stepping to the Plate for Kids
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Bringing Hope: The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Seeking a Bright Future: The Hope Flowers School in Palestine (In Arabic)
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Search for Common Ground: Bringing Peace to the People, P1/2
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORK Uplifting Spirits - The Edward Said National Conservatory of Music (In Arabic)
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS The Pajama Program: Providing Sweet Dreams for Children in Need
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS The Lotus Children’s Center:Didi Ananda Kalika’s Care for Mongolian Kids (In Mongolian)
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Playgrounds for Palestine: An Act of Love (In Arabic)
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD WORKS Tamaki Primary School - Cultivating Veggies and Minds
Play with flash player

IGRAJ
Play with windows media

IGRAJ

Konferenca o podnebnih spremembah z Najvišjo Mojstrico Ching Hai
Najvišja Mojstrica Ching Hai o okolju
Videokonference z Najvišjo Mojstrico Ching Hai in TV osebjem